Members’ Work Opportunities
The Power Workers’ Union (PWU) and the Canadian Union of Skilled Workers (CUSW) collaboratively offer a Joint Dispatch program for their members. When work requests from an employer are received, qualified PWU and CUSW members who have registered on the Jobs Line for the requested classification are referred to work.
The Dispatch systems are updated regularly with information on work requisitions. Members are referred to work in the order they appear on the appropriate Out of Work List. Linepersons, Electricians and Instrumentation and Control Technicians should click on the “Joint Dispatch” icon above for access to the Joint Dispatch OWL and work requisitions. All other members should click on the PWU icon above for access to their OWL and work requisition information.
Members who require access to the PWU members website should contact Sarah LaFave at firstname.lastname@example.org or Erin Farley at email@example.com for their username and password. Linepersons, Electricians and Instrumentation and Control Technicians can obtain a username and password for the Joint Dispatch website by contacting Joe Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The process for the Joint Dispatch
Hiring Hall Rules
- Only eligible applications will be considered.
- Members’ dues must be up to date to be active on the Out-of-Work List and to be eligible for jobs through the Hiring Hall. Members who fall more than six months behind in their dues are removed from the Out-of-Work Lists.
- Members referred to work will be removed from all the Out-of-Work Lists when a job lasts more than two weeks. Refusal to take a job does not affect a member’s status on the Out-of-Work List.
- Keep the Hiring Hall informed of any changes of address, phone number or e-mail address.
- Laid-Off members must inform the Dispatcher to be added to the appropriate Out-of-Work Lists.
Stood off members must report a Stand Off and recall from Stand Off to: